Friday, January 30, 2009

I don't know what to title this as

I think my brain is finally short circuiting. Seriously. There are some jokes now that have to be explained, and I *should* get them, and Thursday, I don't remember little part-lets of the day. And yes, I was sober during the things I don't remember. Like walking up the stairs to the Cherry Room. I had to have done it. I just don't remember doing it. oops.

Ok people, just so you realize... I'd hope you already know, but if you get random texts, saying random things... don't worry. It just completely means "I love you, I miss you, and I wish I were there so here's a little bit of my life from here." Not matter what they say, they all mean about the same. It's true

There is one perk to living in the Boston area that I'll miss once I'm back in Iowa. The Sam Adams brewery. Private open houses for specialty beers = wonderful.

As of tomorrow night I'll have a pretty good ratio going for parties:weekends. I'm pretty stoked. It'll be 3/4 weekends that I've had a party. NoPants, Erin's and now Leanna's. And I'm just going to discount the 4th weekend as the 'lost' weekend. Hey, at least I'm getting out.

Somewhat related to the parties is the lunch convo the group of us had today. It went round and round about sex and getting rid of anyone with an STD and intelligence testing and dead babies and mandatory vasectomies (they could be reversed!) and bestiality. Yes, I did just say that. It's kind of a long story, so I'll just give you some quotable highlights:
"Any port in a storm!" In reference to when you look for anyone during a dry spell, or when you're alone at the end of the night and you're looking for a hookup. Ew.
"I know some pretty kinky and freaky conservatives. They might not be open to new experiences, but they experiences they do have!..."
"By the time you've waited the 6 weeks for the appointment there your flu is already gone." "Yeah, but the chlamydia is still there." Yay for the Canadian health care system.
"See, the reason guys are so bad at sex is that they don't get enough practice." Yes, I'm so sure.

Ok, so I actually LIKED constitutional law before I came to law school. How twisted is that. Maybe it has to do with the professor that taught it at Iowa State. Deam. He scared me shitless, and I never talked in those classes, but I loved every minute. It might also have been the people I took it with too. Yeah, they were pretty cool... But I think the depth we went into them and the whole policy rationale and detail made it great, along with all the other Deam-related rhetoric that went along with it. Here, we skim the top of the cases and don't even get to understand the rules. It sucks.

But there are a few good things coming out of law school:
"I like my Thursdays to watch 30 Rock, not to go downstairs and smoke pot with my neighbors."
"So we got into an argument and a pushing match and I pushed him hard... with my fist"..."I decide to sue him over land boundaries, and he takes the opportunity to sue me for my last assault on him." (meaning there's more than 1 assault?) "But you know, the property dispute could really be tainted by the bloody assault I committed."
There seems to be a pattern. Like our profs have real anger and drug issues and don't play well with their neighbors.

I had no idea that Starbucks coffee cups could be so deep, but here's a quote I particularly like from the side of one of them. "The irony of commitment is that it's deeply liberating. In work. In play. In love. The act frees you from the tyranny of your internal critic, from the fear that likes to dress itself up and parade around as rational hesitation. To commit is to remove your head as the barrier to your life."

28 days!

No comments: