Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I love my snowboots

What have I been up to?

a) Not much.
b) Realizing that this was pretty much... no, strike that, THE best New Years season ever. Thanks!
c) Wishing it wouldn't snow. In Iowa, snow makes me happy. Here, snow makes me miss home.
d) Getting so sick it hurt to swallow for the better part of a day. My gag reflex is getting quite the workout, but I'm slowly adding real food back into the diet. I'll keep down a couple handfuls of cereal a day so far. Funny how the last real meal was Burger King. Baby step, baby steps.
e) Turning down that date. Yeps, sorry Mandie, not doin' it. I hope you understand.
f) Not studying. I need to, but too tired to do much of anything right now. But, after cutting myself off from computer, I did get the readings done for class, which is more than I've done all week. Baby steps, baby steps.
g) Figuring out which brand of TUMS is best. Obviously they're all about the same strength so they do the same job on the crazy stuff I've been going through, but after trying the Target, Wal-Mart, and actual TUMS brand, I'm gonna have to go with Wal-Marts. Least chalky, and none of the flavors are horrid. Too bad I'm stuck with the other two, I finished the last WM ones Monday, and there isn't a Wal-Mart I can get to. Yay.
h) Organizing all my plane tickets I still have. Do you realize I've been on 12 plane rides in the past 3 1/2 months? That brings my total number of flights (that I'm old enough to remember) up to the 32-36 range. Impressive.
i) Counting down the days til spring break. Yes, I'm already counting down the days.
j) Gearing up for the not wearing pants thing on Saturday. Hell yeah!

Isn't it great when:

When you can realize once again that you are not alone? A good decompression session over lunchtime didn't exactly focus me, but made me realize other people are having a hard time making the transition back to classes as well. Being tired all the time isn't so odd. I thought I was just sinking but others are too.

You get an unexpected level-up? In essence that's what this was. We got our open memo back in Legal Research and Writing on Monday, and I was OK with my grade. Then I found out that this one girl, who I *really* don't like (not for any particular reason, she just rubs me the wrong way) and thought would kick our asses at everything, didn't even get a grade. She was told to do a re-write because it was so horrible, and I got a B. This is a good day.

p.s. Songs I should not listen to in public because I want to sing along:

Swear words: Blink 182
Everyone's a little bit racist: Avenue Q
You can be loud as the hell you want: Avenue Q

No comments: