Thursday, January 15, 2009

I'm gonna be sick...

So the first wave of grades came out Monday. I'm not sure what exactly to say. I guess I will say that I'm glad we still have three more classes of grades to come, because I did not do as well as I would have liked. But the good thing is no-one is really talking about them. Everyone is acting depressed and unhappy, but no-one is talking. I'm kinda really scared right now. I HAVE to be in the top 50% of the class to transfer. Please let it happen.

I guess that means I really have to hit the books now. But so are others, and it's bringing back the return of law school quotes. And there was much rejoicing. (and in the frozen land of Nador they were forced to eat Robin's minstrals. And there was much rejoicing.)

"If you're doing your property reading be prepared with some toothpicks to keep your eyes open. It's about as exciting as having a pen shoved up your ass." Ed, the most toddler-esque married guy I know.

"My cousin is in the living room standing upright with her foot over her head and twirling around and I'm like 'sit the fuck down, I'm gonna be sick.' I have to roll out of bed and hope I bounce upright because I cannot do a sit-up." Ed

"I'm kinda glad he's making us do more of the pleadings and replies, because I know I'll need to do a lot more of them before I feel comfortable doing them for my own client. Is this right? Is this right? Is my guy gonna lose because I'm an assclown!?" Ed

HUH? But...what? ... Huh? Apparently some chick at Pensacola Christian College was disciplined for having "optical intercourse," or "making eye babies" with a guy. Wow. No words. Sounds like fun?

"Other authorities find this concept a 'freak hybrid born of the illicit intercourse of torts and contracts.' It later ceased necessarily to be consensual..." That's what she said? My property book.

So in my slight procrastination (I got my civ pro reading done, don't look at me like that! Plus, we're behind in Property already and it's just so. damn. boring to read) I was looking through the periodic pictures I take of myself with the webcam on my comp, and I gotta say, you can really see me slowly losing my mind, reaching the pinnacle Monday morning. I love it, but it's wonky. I'm saying that about a lot of pictures lately, they're odd (or some variation thereof), but I like it. or just in general I like them. I hope that says something that I'm finally liking myself for who I am. Maybe, just maybe, I'm finally over that whole debacle.

wow. I can't believe that it's been over a year since that...debacle. I guess since about last March my life has been going so fast I hadn't taken time to think about it. I really shouldn't take time to recall it at all, but for some reason it keeps popping up in my head. (additional note: I figured out why it creeped up in my memory, it had to do with NoPants night, and I'm doing things to move on. It's working, ps.) I guess I'm glad I've grown up since then, but man, he f*cked up my life hard. OK, minor detour over, on to better things.

Oh, and apparently I have some things to clarify, as people got confused a couple posts back. Monty, is my car. My computer's name is Roger. Yes, I name things, I won't go in to the other things named.

Sometimes I wish my friends from Iowa could be here and see what I see every day. I do hate being away, but there are some pretty cool sights. The subway ride across the Charles is a twice-daily occurrence, and no matter how cold it gets, it's always pretty. And we could go on ferry rides across the harbor to the Constitution, and do the Freedom Trail, and go to places I've wanted to go, but just don't want to go on my own. So, nudge nudge, if you cant to visit, you're welcome to.

Hey you! Yeah you! Do you remember that time, it might have been sophomore year, it might have been junior year, when it dumped that epic amount of snow and we and about half of RCA went out and played in the courtyard with the BWR boys until about 2 in the morning? With snow forts and snowball fights and snow angels and touch football. Yeah!? You know what? I miss that.

ok wow, really detoured on this one from where I started. meh, whatevs.

No comments: