Sunday, January 18, 2009

It felt strangely like summer, except I was drinking Bud Light

But hey, at least I remember this night!

*wait, that rhymed. I swear I didn't mean for it to.

I should probably preface this by saying that no matter how odd my Facebook status gets, it's usually a point to an inside-ish joke, and in no way meaning that I actually got married. You find a group of people on the way to drunk enough and the littlest joke can get out of hand.

I will also say that this is a long post. Most of it focuses on the party, but then it goes lots of places.

So the invite was "So my boyfriend's grade school friend is having a party at his house. You should come!" So I walked nearly 2 miles in the cold (10 degree) weather, realizing once again after awhile my directional skills are excellent. I was able to cut about a 1/4 mile off by taking a shortcut and ending up at the exact street I needed to. Keep in mind this is in a town I do NOT know. At all.

So me being the punctual one that I am, showed up a little after 9, which is when I was told to be there. Very few people there. Actually, if it had stayed like this, it wouldn't have been so bad either. This was definitely a guys apartment, which is cool. Guitars in the dining room, sweet, no dining room table. Stacks of beer cases in the kitchen (wait, I shouldn't judge, I won't lie, this will probably be my apartment when I get one. wait, that was my room this summer, what am I saying?), as well as a giant package of toilet paper. In the kitchen. yes, I'm serious.

Played a bit of mariocart (never played, now I want a wii) started on my awful drink, Mountain Dew and the remains of about 3 liquors I had in my room (from what I can deduce, SoCo, Midori and New Amsterdam. They don't mix). Then the door opened and about 10 law school people flooded in. Not what I wanted. Oh well, did shots of tequila (bad idea) and washed it down with lime and a shot of 99 blackberries (a worse idea).

Then the guys started playing dodge beer! It's hard to explain, so I'll explain it only if you ask and when I'm back in Ames for my spring break (ps: 6 weeks!!!) but this was when it felt a little like summer again. At some point I counted... there were 12 people in the kitchen, gathered around watching Dodge Beer, and I was the ONLY girl. And the best part was, these guys were probably the most comfortable-with-their-sexuality straight guys I've ever seen, so shenanigans inherently ensued (see pictures on fb). There was a guy who was continually yelling at E to find him a wife, so finally I got offered up as the sacrificial chick. Don't worry, he was harmless. That and an annulment would cost too much.

So Dodge beer, Gradually Lit, Thumper, and circle of death. Hilarious. People started heading out and I realized it was 2:30 and I was 2 miles from home. Luckily I was forced to take a ride back to the house from a girl from law school, though I couldn't tell you her name. Talked to a couple people online, then passed out until 1:30 Saturday afternoon. Vundebar.

All in all, I liked partying with those guys. No questions, just drinks, no pretense, just fun. I go to parties to have fun and escape from reality for a few hours, never to hook up. That's just not me. (ok, so I *tried* to make that who I was around about my junior/early senior year, and it just went horridly wrong. At least I learned my lesson well). So drinking games and Mariocart are right up my alley. AND this time I wasn't freaking out about getting out of the house just to get to the subway so I could get away from the skeezy roommate, as opposed to last week. Win.

Now on to general happenings.

First: Law school quotes:
"It meets all the functional requirements for a bathroom, but everytime I go near it, I start sobbing, then I laugh, then I cry again." Finneran. Haven't had a lot from her in awhile.

"Harassment is bad. As fun as it is, it's bad." <3 Sorenson.

Also coming out of Civil Procedure are the fact that I just want to be dumb, but pure of heart. But apparently that standard for no lawyers is no longer valid. And I kind of want to be a judge just to impose sanctions. "You must march outside the courthouse with a sign that says, "I am an assclown," for violating that statute. No go!"

"My rhymes are so potent that in this small segment
I made all of the ladies in the first two rows pregnant
Yeah that's right, sometimes my lyrics are sexist
But you lovely bitches and hoes should know
I'm trying to correct this"
2 entire points to the first person to tell me where this is from. And my points are hard to get. fyi

Damn I hate being sick. This cold is like the mother of all colds, coupled with a cough that makes me sound like I'm gonna hack up a lung.

I seem to be sleeping an extraordinary amount. I don't know whether it has to do with the being sick or something else, but I slept for like 9 hours, was up for only 9, then back to sleep. No artificial "help" either. And I always dream lately. Not that I remember most of them, but two nights ago the dream involved paper writing, A, K, M and J. And a girl running up to me asking for help. And last night it was like a parade of formers. Curious.

I am such a hypocrite. Of some sort. I read about some of my friends excursions into the world, a'la random makeout sessions, and that got me to thinking, "You know, I'm a bit jealous, I don't really do that..." But then I got to thinking, a majority of my sessions (aka: all but 3 guys) have started that way. Obviously nothing random's been happening lately, hence my rant about why I go to parties, but funny how time'll alter your perception of things.

Also, NO gmailspam, I do NOT, in fact, need to enlarge my "love stick," whatever that may be. Apparently whatever girl I'm with (hmmm, apparently gmail knows more about my relationships than I do. A girl?) really wants more than she's getting. But I should probably be concerned, because I remember none of this conversation.

Snow!! Good grief how much of a hermit do I have to be to not realize that it was supposed to DUMP snow on Boston? I was going to microwave my lunch when I saw the ginormous flakes coming down. Lunch was put on hold while I went out and played (yes, by myself. when it comes to snow i have no shame) in it. Made footprints where no footprints were before, and fell straight backwards into the worlds most perfect snow angel, eons better than the snow turtles S and I made after our trip to the bar.

but even though i have no shame, the only shame was that i had to enjoy the snow alone. God i miss you guys.

oh dear, i just saw my neighbor watching me rock out to foxtrot. i waved and thought to myself, if only you knew what was coming out of the speakers. it is time for this post to end.

6 weeks til Ames!!

No comments: