Friday, January 23, 2009

Remember when?

You know it's a good case when your in-class description of it is "drunken, carousing, cheating husband spends weekend with morphine-popping whore."

I just bought NoDoz (first time since highschool) and sleeping pills in the same transaction. The lady picked them both up, looked at me. I said, "I'm a law student. Don't ask questions, just keep scanning." I have up til today been very opposed to using caffeine, but I got a free latte, and for the hour following was more focused than I have been all semester. I was paying attention, and my notes rock. This could be bad...

Mandie, hope you don't mind, but I found this note of yours again, and I decided to do my own. (don't look at me like that, i was so bored i was starting to actually do research for school) And of course, even if they don't pertain to you (or you think they don't) you can still ask what they mean, there are no secrets in these remembrances. (ok, so there's one, but you have to find it. I just won't answer) All others? Up for grabs.

Remember that time I was drunk at IRHA?

Remember the time we stayed up until 4 watching crappy late night cartoons?

Remember that time I was glad there was pizza that time I was drunk at IRHA because it was such excellent drunk food?

Remember the time we spent two weeks arguing about that constitutional law case so heated and passionately we'd yell at each other... in public?

Remember the time we made snow turtles?

Remember the time I nearly beaned you with the golf ball I hit?

Remember the time we didn't wear pants?

Remember the time we'd take excursions into the timber for hours?

Remember the time you turned informant for us? (ps: thanks for that)

Remember the walk in the rain?

Remember the time we traded boy stories and turned accomplice for each other? :-)

Remember when you taught me the pelvic thrust?

Remember when I made you finish my Blue Long Island at Beaudelaire?

Remember all the random dips into fountains on campus?

Remember when my only response to you was, "I hid in a *bush*!"?

Remember that was the first night I liked beer?

Remember the time I discovered you were a worse gossip than I was?

Remember the time we got yelled at by the Regional Director for having pillow fights in the our hotel room?

Remember that time we made the video of us campaniling?

Remember the time I choked on a popsicle... multiple times...on Central Campus?

Remember the time we met up for $1 pancakes on Central Campus for VEISHEA...drunk?

Remember when I said I was going to kill you for making me go on the rollercoasters?

Remember the time we waited in line for pancakes for an hour, then gave up?

Remember the time we were going to go party with the bands, then ended up at your apartment with Boone's Farm?

Remember when your futon ate me?

Remember when they tried to make us eat hippie food, and the cake was warmer than the chicken, and we'd rather subsist on cookies and bananas than portobello sandwiches?

Do you remember like I do? Do you think about the fun we've had, or have you forgotten what we meant to each other? We've changed, or grown up, or moved on, or maybe we're still strong. But after all the drama, all the years, all the tears, all the laughs, I really just wanted to say that I remember. And I miss you.

Also, a final note. I'm an assclown. And not in a good way. And no, I don't really want to talk about it.

pps: 5 weeks

No comments: