Friday, January 9, 2009

It's official, I'm a play-ah (of the system, not of guys) (or people)

On an unrelated note before I get started, kneesocks=love. Now, on to playing the system... sort of.

I don't even know I'm doing it sometimes, it just seems to work out. That, and it pays to plan ahead.

I knew I was gonna grab a cab from the hotel next to the school on the Friday spring break starts, just so I don't have to deal with lugging my suitcases back down to the subway. So I stopped and asked the doorman there how much it would be, but he ends up telling me that I could schedule a shuttle to the airport for about 10 bucks cheaper than a taxi. Score.

Then, I find out, by pure chance and luck, though I had hoped and wished, that I will be in Ames over Kaleidoquiz. I LIVE part of my life for Kaleidoquiz, and I told Lando that no matter what, I would be back in town for it this year, even if I were in Boston. I love how I actually get to follow through on that promise, though he probably won't remember me at all. Now, I just have to find an epic team to join. Helser? Unless I get a better offer, probably. (I'll whore myself out to the highest KQ bidder, I'm not ashamed. I'm an awesome googler, I have a car and keys to Friley, and I'm over 21, which turned out to be a valuable asset last year.)

Also, not exactly playing the system, and not exciting at all, except to me, is the fact that just by asking I got a bigger locker! Gasp, you mean I can actually fit all my books in there!? Brilliant. It didn't help that I am taking my monstrosity of a constitutional law book from Iowa State to store there too, but the books wouldn't fit anyway, I doubt I could even fit my head in the old one. Win.

Wow, I'm doing some much-needed cleaning of my room, and I gotta tell ya, it's like a trip down forgotten-memory lane. I found the beer from the Thursday of the last final, as well as a hard-as-a-rock roll and fortune cookie that apparently came with the chinese food that night. Yep, don't remember the chinese place. At all. Also, directions. Which is good, because we're apparently doing more of those parties and I could NOT tell you how to get there again, and I'm usually excellent with directions.

Zomgsh I can see my floor! This is going quite well. On to clearing off the level surfaces.

Other random notes:

Is it bad that I know I must allocate an hour to randomly surfing sites like FB, gmail, twitter, failblog, lolcats and punditkitchen before I can reasonably expect to do any work? I think it is.

Our contracts professor said we were all acting braindead after being on break for so long... so long!? It was only 17 days. I wish I went to Drake, they don't start til the 19th. Dammit. Next year, hopefully.
But she also went into the schpeel about how people were probably telling us we've changed, how our priorities have shifted, etc. I really wanted to shout out "The most important things to me over break were nerf gun wars, Sex in the City, late nights with friends and South Park. Does that mean I can't be a lawyer anymore?"

No comments: