Monday, March 30, 2009

Oh Marky, amorous he, Marky Bobrowski

'Nother random dream. And it involved me drinking the alcohol that I have bought in the last week.

It's probably from the stress. I've got oral arguments later today (3:30 est) and I'm not nervous yet, but the shakes have started. N should remember how bad I got during International Law moot court last spring. And now there's noone to follow up on what I say. But I figure something has to go right for me today, and I hope it's that. I couldn't find my other shoe (again! I swear my room eats shoes now), it's raining, the trains were running behind schedule, and I ripped part of the pages I printed off at school (had to print at school because my printer is out of black ink. I guess my bad luck started last night even. Fuck). So I suppose I'm dressed up enough, I know my arguments, my hair is at least out of my face. Yes, most of the girls are wearing their hair at least partway down, so I'm ok with my choice. But no more caffeine for me today. I had my latte and water, and I'm not going to put anything else into my system until after orals, just in case my stomach does not agree with me. sigh. wish me luck.

Ugh. My roommate and her boyfriend. Everytime I hear them or hear her on the phone with him it's like, "I'm not angry," or, "Don't be angry." Why would he need to say he's not angry.... and here comes the fight. "Baby... come on..." The sarcastic and the deflecting and arguing over stupid little things. Something about clothes. Every time he comes over they start fighting

"Oh Marky amorous he, Marky Bobrowski."
Perhaps I should explain. Our property professor last year was Mark Bobrowski. He literally wrote the land use textbook for Massachusetts. He knows he's the shit. And he makes it known. And there are a select few who worship him, and I am included. However, I'll admit he can come off as an arrogant asshole, because, well, he is one. So last Friday, the law school had "Follies," which is a roast of the professors, for students to perform and make fun of them. There were several good performers, but the one that took the cake is the guy that took on Bobrowski. Very glad only one of the professors was actually there. The guy that acted Bobrowski started out with a song. You remember the song in Aladdin, the Prince Ali march Genie sings to proclaim his arrival? Yeah, modified to announce Bobrowski. "Oh Marky, amorous he, Marky Bobrowski. He's got 89 silver Fararri's, Conchord-acre's he's got 35...." and so on. Then... "I am here to talk to you about the recession we currently are in. Do not worry about me, I have plenty of money. And I've even found a way around the 13th amendment. You remember what that one is? It's the one that banned slaves. I just hire them as interns. Work them to death and give them recommendations and they worship me for it." I LOVED IT. I need those lyrics.

I don't understand it. I wasn't even drunk at ALLL on Friday during Follies and I still end up with random bruises and scrapes and soreness. I had a Corona. That's it. Because all the bar had for beer was Bud or Bud Light (which if you recall I now refuse to drink. That'll be interesting at my class reunion this summer. My guess is there's going to be a LOT of Bud Light flowing, and now, from the smallest town on earth (according to Bill) I will now be the hippie that refuses to drink anything below Sam Adams. FUCK. And while we're on the topic, how fucked up is it that my 5th year reunion will be this summer? I mean, yeah, I've changed, for the better, but just looking at some of the people on the list make me want to strangle a puppy. I don't want to see them. Some of them, yes, I'll admit it'll be nice to see, because I haven't kept up with ANYONE from my particular HS class (classes behind me, yeah, but we were friends long before HS and have both been on the same track for a long time) and I can't wait to see their faces when they see me drinking with the best of them. But these are people that knew me, knew me well, and knew me since little on. I hope that they have all changed for the better, as I have. Like back then, I wanted everyone to like me. Now I realize that some people will never like me, or at least we won't be friends, for no fault of my own, our personalities just clash or my sense of humor is a little bit more than they can handle (ok, that one's my fault, but I love my sense of humor, no matter how vulgar, sarcastic or whatever it may be) and I'm ok with that. I'm pretty awesome, and the people who can't see that don't know what they're missing out on and can go fuck themselves. It'll also be mind-blowing for them because I didn't drink in high school. And now I'm all for drinking to excess, and could pass as a bartender. I can't wait to see their faces. But yeah, finishing up this complete tangent rant, it's going to be odd, because of the incestuous group that is the dating pool of people that stuck around home, and of all the people who got preggo quickly, and I'm in none of those groups. I'm the shit, I'm in law school, I know where I want to go in life, and I have great friends. Who could ask for more?) Oh but yeah, the bar only had Corona and I wasn't about to pay 9 bucks for a mixed drink. So I wasn't even tipsy and I don't know where this scratch came from. hmmmm

And my new favorite procrastination exercise? Listening to Bo Burnham. Seriously. Hilarious. Randomly popped on Comedy Central after Follies at Felt, and he was on the new stuff on Friday night. Seriously. So funny. I think I'm actually going to have to get his CD, even though he annoyingly and shamelessly over-self-promotes, but still, funny shit, I'm telling you.
"Did you know that Jesus died on the cross, just to keep you from masterbating? And until the 1960's, he frowned upon inter-racial dating?"

So this was a little more kept-together than usual. I consider that a success.

1 comment:

Kelly L said...

Dude... that was exactly what I felt like going into my class reunion. I totally feel where you're coming from. But don't worry, I survived mine and you will too!