Saturday, March 14, 2009

I am not allowed to drink Bud Light again

I thought I would give it another shot after the time it was involved in the "shower-abortingly drunk" incident. However, after realizing it, not the late hour and lack-of-sleepishness was the reason for my crappy mood during KQ, and it giving me a headache at the end of last night's festivities, I've decided that I will heretofore reject all Bud Light offerings. Even if....even if.

Also, I'm sorry to barade you with posts lately. I'm sure this will be the last for a few days at least.

But moving on. Last night was the Barrister's Ball for New England. I was woken up at 4:30 in the morning by a friends gf texting me to tell him he's in the ER and ... I'm still very confused by that whole thing. But 4:30!! That's what really gets me. Which means it was 3:30 there, but still. WTF? And yeah, can't really chat her up. It'll be more than a little bit 1)awkward, to extreme, more because of the people in common and the craziness that has ensued, *and* 2) I've never met the chick. I really don't know what to do. But I got back to sleep after sending a pissy, middle of the night text back. (Don't worry, once I was conscious I sent a more caring one back.)

So I spent most of the day (because our Con Law professor canceled class because she was "sick." We all saw that one coming) straightening my hair, looking to my other shoe I wanted to wear and getting ready, then taking more than an hour to get to the Marriot, when it would have only taken about 40 minutes had the red line not stopped every fucking 5 feet along the fucking way.

But get there, get *the* best Tom Collins I've ever had, and make my way to the table, only to find the only other person already at the table was "superman," the guy everyone knows who he is, but noone really wants to talk to. And to top it all off, he didn't even know who I was. He was like, "I'm Ilir." I say, "I know, I'm Christina, we're in the same section..." "We are? I had no idea." I know, that's because you sit in the front row with the legally brunettes and make everyone want to shoot you when you start talking in class. Put your fucking hand down.

But then Justice Ginsburg spoke, was wonderful, about the congeniality of the court and the day to day workings. It sounded a bit like what N has said, but better. I just want to hug her. I want to be O'Connor, because she's just a supremely classy broad, like she could tell someone to fuck off and them actually want to do it, but Ginsburg is the wise old grandma. Brilliant.

Dessert, pictures, schmoozing and drinking afterwards. Try to get into several clubs, then find Whiskey's, where A buys us Bud Lights. I finish it quickly, and head out to catch the train back. But I develop a headache and stomachache before I even finished it. Blech.

I a friend to tell about Justice Ginsburg, but let him go quickly. Then, for the first time walking back to the house I felt unsafe, but I felt like I couldn't call the person I really would have wanted to call. Stupid plans going up in flames.
So I fell asleep sometime between 2 and 3. And woke up at 2:15 this afternoon. It was wonderful. Except it roused me from a perfectly wonderful dream about how spring break should have gone... well, in general. It, however, also involved a live hamster made of wax and an essential commune with some of the summer guys, and story hour with K and this other chick I haven't talked to in years being relocated into the commune because the wax hamster got melted and it started to rain.... It was a dream, give me a break. But I remember enough of it to be really confusing.

"Happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat."
"What is it about men and nudity? Particularly breasts? How can you be so interested in them? But, but, seriously: they're just breasts. Every second person in the world has them."

Emo thought of the day: "Every once in a while I see a picture and think that I should try harder or try to be a better person to impress them, but then I remember that I shouldn't live my life trying to impress others. They should like me for who I am, not for who I want to be." I'm taking a stand. Or at least I'm going to try. I like the people I try to impress so I'll probably rebound, but still...you should value who I am and stop being such a fucking hypocrite. People need to stop being passive aggressive and grow up when it comes to dealing with people. I'm going to "be selfish," as one of my law classmates put it. I'm going to do what I need to do to make it. If you think you matter right now, believe me, you still do, but I'm just going to keep playing it cool for now, and follow your moves instead of making my own. I'm pretty awesome, and if someone can't see that, then they obviously don't know what they're missing. I have some amazing friends who I love and adore and wouldn't change, but it's every once in a while there are others that I have to step back and re-evaluate. You might make the cut, but you're going to have to fight for it.

In other news, I could write a book about everything that is wrong with the new facebook layout. I hate, hate, hate it. From the rounded-edged pictures to the not knowing whether someone is posting a status or posting to a wall.... I despise it with a fiery passion that runs deep into my soul.

Also, my current procrastination obsession is rumandmonkey.com. Seriously. It's kind of hard to navigate, but they've got some funny shit on there.

1 comment:

Kelly L said...

"Happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat." = Probably one of my favorite movie quotes ever.

Also, I like this whole frequent-post thing you have going on. It makes me smile. KEEP IT UP DAMMIT. OR I'LL CUT YOU.