Wednesday, March 11, 2009

No censors. Just friends. They encourage me. Like the bad-idea bears.

Oh God I would so do Demetri Martin. lol. Tall, lanky, dark shaggy hair... swoon. And he went to law school for a few years. Did you know that? Wikipedia told me that.

OK, so thanks to a friend, I will make what I was oh so vague about at the end of the previous post known. It's really not all that exciting, I just couldn't think of a PC or fb-appropriate way to say I thought my boobs looked great on Tuesday. But as K oh so amazingly pointed out, I shouldn't censor myself for fb, and "having a good boob day is nearly as good as having a good hair day." So I celebrate. For I shall have both on Friday.

I always get this way. I always get so excited, then somehow do something which inevitably leads to my failure in a particular situation. And no, I won't be all vague about this one.

I want an internship in Iowa for this summer. Point blank. However, I haven't really started looking for one, and I'm afraid I'm going to end up working some lame-ass job that has nothing to do with legal. However, I found a job, in Des Moines, that would be perfect for me, that ACTUALLY pays (and pays well!). But, in my experience, I'll do something that will prevent me from getting it, whether it's not sending in the stuff on time, or something random. I'll get all psyched about it and then not follow through.

Same with school, to some extent. I tend to look at the big picture (too big of a picture), which means while I can see where I'll be in like, 10 years, or where I want to be and who I want to be associated with (which changes on a day to day or even hour to hour basis right now, I'm kind of being a crazy chick), I don't necessarily see what I should be doing to reach that point.

I'm kind of in a really weird mood as I write this. It's hard to explain. It feels like a turning point, but I've had these before. But I'm being really honest right now, and it's not tearing me up to do so. It's like, addressing the situation, seeing what I have to do to fix it and move forward, but doing it in such a completely unemotional way. Which is good. I've never really liked showing emotion, or what I'm actually thinking. But emotion is usually needed for revelations. So if revelations happen without a breakdown... woot. Does this make any sense at all? Meh, maybe.

Moving on

Our teachers continue to be entertaining. The latest bout is our contracts professor in story about Steve (who James is convinced is just her "fabulous flamboyant" friend from Cali) proposes to her. She goes to pick out a dress with her friends... "We have a couple of fabulous days, too much wine, a LOT of giggling..." (and try to remember for the purpose of illustration that this day she had to inadvertently wear a cardigan with dinosaurs on it!) And after Steve renegs, she goes to the dressmaker who "couldn't care less if I wore the dress, scampering along the beach toward the water to drown myself, as long as she gets paid." They're crazy, but we love 'em.

Also, this happened awhile back, before spring break, but when the rape talks turned to the implications of determining a cut-off age and guys having sex with underage girls, one of the guys made the mistake of starting his argument with "I can imagine a world..." and stopped talking. We're lawyers, not saints. The whole room started laughing.

But at this precise moment I am currently on the hunt for the mate to a pair of awesome heels I want to wear to the Law Prom on Friday night. I found one. Which means that at some point both of them were in Cambridge. And I haven't taken them home at all. Which means that somewhere in the underlayer of crap and clothes laying about my room or in the closet is the other shoe. They're like 3-inch, black, peep-toe heels. Super cute. And if I can't find it... I suppose I can wear the kitten heels I wore with the dress this summer, but I won't feel nearly as good as I intend to feel in the 3-inchers. Not that they'll stay on for long. Apparently things get pretty wild at this Barrister's Ball, and I found my flask! Oh hellz to the yes.

No comments: