Thursday, April 2, 2009

Without rapists who's gonna buy your whistles?

How terrifying is it that I leave Boston in 43 days? 21+ of those days will be spent in the hell that is law school finals, at least 1/2 will be spent in a state of voluntary semi-conscious drunkenness... And yet it seems so far away til May 15th. I mean, I'm not going to say I'm excited, because I know somewhere I am. But also nervous. I don't have a job for the summer, even though I have a place to live. And while I know some people are excited for my return, my girls in particular, M, K, K2, and J, and a couple of my summer boys, J and W, are psyched and we already have plans (both legal and quasi-legal), I'm super nervous about how this summer is going to go. I'll be stressed about law school applications ( Damn I have to go through that 9th layer of hell again) and I won't be able to do all the free-spirited things I could last summer... and of course there will be the inevitable awkwardness... fuck. Just get me motivated to study for finals and I'll take it from there.
Maybe
Sorta
Kinda

Huh. Apparently people don't think it's a complete surprise that I could be dating someone. #AprilFoolsbackfire. I changed a couple things on my Facebook page, my political views to Communism and a member of the Neoconservatives, and said I was in a relationship, hoping to pull at least a couple into the web of lies. Nope. Not a soul. Meh, at least I can laugh at my being so single!

I am stalking an 18 year-old. It makes me sad. Actually I'm not stalking, because that would take effort. Refreshing Twitter and clicking links takes no effort at all. His name is Bo Burnham, and I just realized I told you about this in my last post, but yeah, I'll continue. It's smart, quick-witted, vulgar, crass, and brilliant. He also does these live shows, where he'll make up songs based on live viewer comments... I've never suggested anything, but this is just one line from one night: "Penis, Zach Efron... yeah, we're gonna stop it right there!"

And, slightly related, and more of a declarative statement!!:: I'm going to see Demetri Martin and Bo Burnham at the Wilbur Theatre!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (yes, that's a lot of exclamation points, but that's how excited I am!!!) They are both hilarious, and I adore them both. AAANNNDDD now I get to brag, especially to my fellow Demetri Martin fans. (nobody I know has heard of Bo Burnham, so they don't really care).

But yeah. Uhmmmm.... I think that's all for now.

WAIT! STOP THE BUS!!! NO!

I had oral arguments on Monday! I was fairly confidant going into it, I'm not going to lie, but if you didn't know your arguments after having worked on and researched the case for months, you're pretty much screwed. I knew I would get nervous right as I started talking. I knew this because for International Law moot court last spring with N, I was alright right up until I started talking, then I started shaking and sweating and my voice started quaking... it was partly nerves, part getting up and having to face J, one-night-stand fuckface for the first time in months. So that was in the back of my mind the whole time as I was nervously wasting time until The Hour Of Reckoning. And I did get a little shaky, but for the most part, I kept my composure, I ROCKED a couple of the questions the "judge" had for me, I'll admit, and the time went so fast. But no flop sweat (ew, yeah, but not this time, boo-yah), my voice was strong, and I kept the presentation flowing, moving back to my arguments from the questions and answers to and from the judge. And the "judge" and Meltzer were actually very complementary at the end!! So yeah, that part of hell is over, and it was actually a great, adrenaline-filled way to end it! They just might make a semi-competent lawyer yet.

There, that's it. For now. Honest.

Till next time:
~C

No comments: