Friday, March 20, 2009

I don't want to jinx myself

Hooray for random ramblings:
(you know you tolerate me...)

~So. I've determined. To make up for the uberextremeflamingpileofcrapsuckitudefest that was my spring break 2009, I'm going to start planning my spring break 2010 right now. It'll either be to Texas, Florida, or...ooooohh. Arizona. My parents are thinking about buying a condo down in Phoenix, so it would be free to stay. So if you read this, actually know me, and would be down for a well planned, epic road-trip... let me know.

~I would rather sit backwards on a rolly-chair than be on nearly any other type of furniture.

~I've decided that someone looking at my laundry could be rather confused. It's a great combination of frills and flannel, long-sleeved shirts and tank tops, and lace and boxers.

~In Con Law on Tuesday, I nearly teared up. I had my notes from last year's con law class with Deam, and I realized that everything was better then. My life, my teacher, my passion. I LOVED con law, even though I never spoke up. I had FUN debating the cases with N and T (of course, stfu). I want that back.... I really do.

~Also, I've decided to make a scoresheet, if you will, for people to use. More for entertainment purposes, but it will determine the likelihood of whether your potential relation will result in a nuclear holocaust. I'm not sure how to set up a program to score it though, so it'll be all hand-calculated.

~My hair is weird. So I don't get sex hair after the fact, so I'm told, but wake up after a fitful night's sleep and just have time to run some mousse and spray through it? = sex hair. fml. or ftw. one of the two.

~This is going to sound very... circular, but I've realized that finally letting go of something is extremely liberating. Not focusing on something you have no control over? It may be something you wanted at some point, and it may hurt like hell, and I'm not gonna lie, you might emerge more jaded on the other side, but to not let it rule you life and your actions and your decisions? Brilliant. But even better if, after letting it go, you still want to make the decisions you made before you let go. ie: I still want to transfer back home. More than ever.

~Oh oh oh!! Guess what!? No matter what horror or blessing befalls me this time around in semester finals, I *will* be living in Ames this summer!!! I have a place lined up, and another offer to be roomies if that one for some reason doesn't happen. So if the worst happens, I have 3 months to get my shit together before I'll be out in the street.

~Aaannnddd! I just got some of the starters for my bar. They're more unusual, and one is just for shots, but it'll be great. I got Apfel Korn, an apple liquor that's great for shots. Then this, er, I'm not sure exactly what it is, but it was on sale, it's by Kahlua, and it's 70 proof. It's a fusion rum, with "spice, citrus and other flavors." I figure it'll be ok with Coke. It's not even a cool bottle but I want to try different things. Then, the capstone. I found a drink recipe that calls for Cabin Fever and it sounded really good, and I called Cyclone Liquors to see if they have it (they don't). So I swung by to get just that, and ended up getting the other two as well. I won't open any of them til summer, though, which shouldn't really be difficult. I've still got my 99 Blackberries to tide me over.

"I'm not sure my friends back home would believe this." ~yours truly. Our Civil Procedure professor plays music before each class, and Wednesday, in the "theme" for sanctions and penalties, he decided to play this. Whip it. Whip it good. Oh. Dear. Lord.

And I'm not sure if our criminal law professor has gotten onto my quote board yet, but his initiation is today. I think the problem is that his is more focused to the class, and so not funny out of context. But I'll try.
1) In talking about rape statutes and what level of permission or consent is needed, he went into a schpeel that went something like this: "Does this take us to the level where we have to require consent cards to be carried when you go out to the bars on the weekends? Like, if you agree, please sign here, if we get to level 2, initial here..."
2)This one requires the image of our crim professor. He's not a small man, and was a JAG (Judge Advocate General's office, if you don't know, part of the military) before he started teaching so. In teaching retreat: "What do you have to do to let the other person know that you're removing yourself from the situation? Run away? As you're running away to you have to say [in a PeeWee Herman-ish voice] 'I'm done fighting.'" (with motions of him running away) oh yes.

*Final rant*
OK. Seriously bitch. Some of use are trying to study. We don't have the leisure to hang out all day then come in and do a lazy class every once in a while. I don't care that you think cities are so great and everyone should live in one for awhile. I actually kind of agree. But what you *don't* do is insult where I come from. You're saying that everyone who comes from small towns or suburbia and say they think the city is so big and hate it are scum, basically, and need to go back to podunk. I do hate the city. I do think Boston is a big city, but *it actually is.* Look at the population. It says 6 million, not 10 square blocks. It sounds like you're the sheltered one. I can personally handle the city, I just hate it for reasons other than it's big. Perhaps, for people. like. you.

So that's it. For now. I told you it was long and rambly.

No comments: