Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Love is for sissies (at least that's what you said)

aka: allow me to rant.

I've realized that my last post was actually more soul-revealing and attackatory than I usually like. If you look deeper, at least. Maybe not on the surface but yeah, there are some pretty derogatory comments toward a few people. But I'm not taking them back. It's what I felt at the time, and I'm not going to apologize for those opinions. I like to say, "oops, I'm sorry," as those of you who know me know very well, even for the small things, but this is not one of those times. So back the fuck off.

I cannot wait to get the hell out of Boston and back to Iowa. Yes, the people here are great, (and I like sharing stories too and they even share their poetry about their guy they're getting over. we've got the whole trust thing going) and I'll be said to leave them after going to the darkest depths of our souls and back for a year together, but at the same time... I still can't like the whole huge city, not going out/not having the option of hanging out at night because the house is so far from anything and the subways stop at 1am. I'll have my own apartment, even if it's small. I'll be a complete bitch to my landlord and if anything is wrong I will be calling. Like tonight. Are you trying to tell me I can't pee in our own toilet because you don't want to call the guy? Ridiculous. I want to be in an actual apartment complex. That may sound weird, but that's what I want right now. (see the original location of this blog at blogger.com/ctinalk to see what I plan on having in my apartment. the list is pretty epic. it even includes a designated "no-pants" night.)

It's taking me less time to get back into the swing of things this time around. As in, getting back into studying for class after coming back from an extended break. This one was longer than October, and I had a harder time back then. I dunno why. Maybe it's because I have to, maybe it's to keep my mind busy. One thing I am sure of though is that I need to get new glasses this summer when I'm back to the optometrist. Yes, I do like the glasses I have, and if I could just get new lenses for them that would rock, I kind of like the librarian look, but my eyes are bad and get slightly worse, and I got these the summer before sophomore year, so I need an upgrade. My contacts just dry out so much before the end of the day, and I'm stuck struggling trying to finish my readings with blurriness and frustration.

And for the return of a long-abandoned tradition, back with us for this post is my "This is what I do to procrastinate this week." This time it is Plague of Kittens. I think I'm more entertained by the sound effects than anything else. You bounce kittens with a mattress, trying not to let them die by hitting the ground. They splatter entertainingly when they do die though. *ah! there's so many of them!* And you get points by bouncing them higher and if you bounce them high and hard enough you get a great angry cat scream. Hasn't failed to cheer me up yet, though I suggest you use a real moused computer, it's kind of irritating on the touchpad.

Seriously. I don't get it. Where do these mysterious bruises and scrapes keep coming from? Back of the hand, arm, calf? One of them was so prominent last Monday it led T and N to tease me about "liking it rough." I honestly don't know. Or don't remember. I'm forgetting a lot of stuff lately though. Unless it's directly related to law school or class, I'm a ditz.

I have something else I want to get off my chest (nearly literally) but I don't think it would be appropriate to put here, seeing as it gets posted to FB and all. And I don't want to sound really arrogant. But if you're intrigued enough by this vague reference again, let me know, I'll tell you.

Hmmm... I think that's it for now.

No comments: