Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Two in one day? And law school substance too? Lucky you!

So the topic for this one is *gasp* actually law school again. The whole reason I started this thing way back in, well, August, but let's not go into that.

Today, Tuesday, December 9th, 2008, was my first law school final. You've heard about the lead-up to it, how I'm not that nervous, and luckily that continued on. Whatever happens, happens, right? Just be as prepared as you can reasonably be, and just rock it. And besides, it's Civil Procedure, what most of us consider to be the worst subject, so we're happy to get it over with.

Hang out with some kids from class beforehand across the street, get into a dirty conversation about Cheetos and Cheez-its (ask if you... no, on second thought, don't ask), and try to convince this one girl it is time to stop studying. Get into the school, figure out which room we're supposed to be in, and surprise of all surprises(!) our professor was actually our proctor! Good thing, I promise. He's a fun guy, and as Ed put it, he could be like our own little mnemonic device, just look at him and try to remember the pain inflicted as he was teaching us this stuff.

Hands out the test, and guess what? Due to the limited number of spaces for the first name, I'm back to taking tests as "Christ" Ketelsen. I thought they fixed that on bubble sheets. I can deal with Christin, but geez, really? I feel like I'm back in elementary school taking ITBS again.

Explain the rules of conduct... "It's my reading of the bathroom rule that as there's one guys bathroom and one girls room, that one of each can be out of the room at a time, we just don't want any conferences in the bathrooms." (I really don't think I'd have a problem going into a guys room though. It wouldn't stop me. Not that I'd seriously consider cheating, I'm just saying...)
And begin... "Oh, by the way, I do carry a gun." (seriously, that's the last thing he said before we could open the exam)
It was so wierd. When we started, it was completely light out, nice day. As the test wore on, it was interesting, if not exactly helpful, to notice that the sun was fast sinking and by the time we walked out it was night. Full on night.
And while I felt amused and fairly relaxed during the test, apparently my body still knows stress is present. Hands shaking a bit, reminding myself to "breathe, just breathe," and with like 2 minutes left that the professor announced, someone sneezed, and I physically jumped in my seat. How fried was I?

Well, it's over. And I could have been completely and utterly justified in breaking my sobriety afterwards. But no, I'm keeping my word and being a good girl. I felt good going through the test, it was the most exhilarating brainrape, mindfuck, what have you ever, but I really have no idea how it went. I'm glad we don't get our grades back until after break. That way I can be schwasty all during break, then fly back and THEN find out there was no point in coming back. Meh. Not really. The only one that really matters is Torts. Friday.

Arrivederci.
10 days till Iowa
13 days till Ames!!!

No comments: