Monday, December 8, 2008

It's hard to explain to a non-believer

If you don't see the simple, clean, soul-clearing beauty of winter and snow, it's a lost cause trying to explain it. I've only met a few other people who appreciate winter and the snow as much as I do. I'm not saying I like extreme cold every single day, I'm as happy as the next person to curl up on the couch with a hot mug of cider. I'm just saying that as soon as I pull into the drive at home, even though it'll bee midnight (or later) I'm gonna throw myself in the first snowdrift I see.

I'm going to live in my Carhartt wool cap. aka: the only thing from the lost summer that was even remotely good or of any value.

It's kind of entertaining looking at facebook statuses of the people from law school as finals come 'round. Part of it makes me say "yeah, I know what you mean," part of makes me feel better, like "yay, I'm not the only one procrastinating like my life depends on it," and the rest, well, just makes me sad that I know what they're talking about.
Category 1's: "taking it one day at a time til the 18th... then all sobriety ends." "I just want to take this final already..." "brain can't take anymore!!!!!!!!!!"
Category 2's: "
definitely going to start outlining civ pro today, no more procrastinating." "
Category 3's: (ask if you really want to know, it's sad) "
might die from the exertion."

And while I'm still not feeling the complete stress of others, I'm pretty sure my body knows I'm supposed to be. I can't sit still, I can't pay attention, my stomach still lives on TUMS, and my mind is always swimming, I'm sure I couldn't get to sleep without my happy little friends. Oh, and my roommates must think I'm crazy, going around muttering things like "personal jurisdiction, 1404, 1406, venue, freaking International Shoe..." Oh great, now you guys think I'm crazy too. Brilliant.

O_o
"Because... I love you."
"Well that's too bad."
~Gossip Girl
:'(
Why do I suddenly feel more like Blair than Serena?

I think I'm going to start a new segment in these. The "Current Procrastination Obsession." Last time it was the Cake Wrecks blog. This week...

OMG I am in LOVE with the angry video game nerd. I don't even know video games much (none of the guys really take the time to teach me *gasp, a girl* to play) and this guy is hilarious. I should REALLY be studying, but watching him rant in various and obscene language about different gaming systems and games while drinking beer is well.... a much better activity. Some of the sequences get a little cheesy, and at times it sounds like the stuff coming out his mouth he's just saying for the shock factor, but nonetheless, even factoring in the adoration I have for nerds in general, this one takes the cake.

Look, he even has a theme song! -->

"He's gonna take you back to the past to play the shitty games that suck ass. He'd rather have a buffalo take a diarrhea dump in his ear; he'd rather eat the rotten asshole of a road kill skunk and down it with beer. He's the angriest gamer you've ever heard, he's the angry Nintendo nerd."
*Note: I only watched the ones that were about 8 minutes or longer, so no guarantees on the shorter ones.
Oh man, I'm so going to hell for enjoying this episode more than any other.

No comments: