Saturday, December 6, 2008

FML: Or as law school likes to call it, Finals

I am currently soliciting donations for my apparent study period-induced hibernation food groups: Water, ramen, clementines and cookies. Oh, and candy canes, of course. How can an "Elf" lover forget her candy canes?

I want Scott Steffens. Right. Now. I will fly him out personally if he'll just do that thing he does. I'm spending more time on the floor than I'd like because of him. (Completely non-dirty, even though it completely sounds like a "that's what she said" moment. I apologize.)

Impressively I got like 5 hours of concentrated studying done on Saturday before my self-induced ADD kicked in (and people started messaging me). Now I just have to go over the notecards I made. You know how when we were younger the flashcards we made had like one word on one side and a short sentence on the other? Yeah, no longer. One side still has the basic one word, the other side? **TEXT** full. It sucks. But it's working.

Sometimes you run across things in taking things from class notes that make you wonder if the professor was on crack while he was writing it. I have no idea what the following text is supposed to say, and I can even see the rest of the context it was in. Sigh...

Below is a picture of my "motivational wall." I know it's sappy, and you're supposed to make your own luck and motivation blahblahblah, but sometimes we all can use a little reminder. Besides, most of these aren't the unconditional motivations, like "you can do it!" or shit like that. They recognize that we all have inner battles and all of us have our bad days, but give it time and good things will happen, and you can't get through something if you give up. I'm picky, and these made the cut. So be it. (for those of you seeing this in the facebook context, if you go to the actual blogspot site and click on the picture, it gets bigger and you can read the actual words)


On a slightly law-school-related note, I'm still deciding whether to use purposeful availment principles in determining if I should kick someones ass. There's definitely availment, whether it was purposeful or vindictive enough to warrant the ass-kicking I want to give is debatable, however.

It FINALLY snowed!!! But I'm not sure how happy I am about it. It's just another one of those things. I can start to like something, (in this case, Boston) but I'll still despise it because it's keeping me away from something else (Iowa). But it was snowing big flakes, it was pretty, I even went out in my PJ's (who am I kidding, I live in my PJ's on the weekend, no joke) and stood on the deck watching. And to make the morning (it's still morning if you wake up before noon, right?) I got my winter Dutch Letter care package from Grandma. This could be bad.... ;-)

Best. Procrastination. Website. This. Week. I could not stop laughing at the Naked Mohawk-Baby Carrot Jockeys to save my life. It's been incorporated into my desktop background, so even in the heat of studying, I'll have something to laugh at. http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/

Let's start the final countdown, shall we!?
12 days till my inevitable hangover/I fly HOME!!!
15 days till Ames!!! OMG so close!!!!

1 comment:

Kelly L said...

1. Naked Mohawk Baby Carrot Jockeys is my FAVORITE.

2. You're welcome. I only wish I could have introduced you to it sooner...