Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Why yes, I *do* use "sharted" in regular conversation

I had to. The entire city smelled horrible on the walk to school on Friday, so I described it to my friends as "It smells like National By-Products sharted on the Commons." Like, as if Clinton AND Cedar Rapids dropped a load on Boston. Seriously, the people from those cities know how bad it can get. The slogan for Highway 30 in Eastern Iowa could really just be... "Historical Lincoln Highway 30... come smell us."

Never. Again. Will I get that drunk when I have to take the subway back. I think it had to be the Khalua and creams... 3 of them, not weak ones either, within about a half hour span. It might have been the about 6 beers, or the mixing beer and liquor earlier in the night recklessly and without any amount of caution, or the 3 games of flip cup... you name it, I did it Saturday night. It was fun, and nothing bad happened til I got back to the house. I don't know whether to attribute that to the phone call I always make to someone to make sure I get back to the house ok, or that it was only 12:30 when I got off at Porter. But I knew I was drunk as all f**k when I got in the shower, started the water, and only then decided I was too drunk to take a shower. (usually you have a little bit of sober person in there saying, "No, you don't have to shower now, that can wait till morning.") The hangover was wicked too, but I nursed that pretty quickly. And the gods were smiling on me, because I thought I lost my ring that night, but I found it today in my cleaning. Thank goodness. (side tangent alert: I love that ring, it's simple and pretty, I've had it since junior year of High School, and it's really my fidget object. I have to have something to play with, and what better than that? I don't know how long it would take to find another one like it. And one that didn't make me break out where I wore it. I, for some reason, am extremely sensitive to metals. I can't wear earrings much, I even pick my watches in large part by how little metal actually comes in contact with the skin. Also partially the reason I don't wear my glasses more. I don't like it, but I deal.)

So the hangover nearly prevented me from going and having a pretty fun time with BSOS Saturday afternoon. So I was downing Sierra Mist and 7-Up and cheese and crackers trying to get a balance going again. But I did make it out of the house into the 50-degree weather (come-on! the Boston weather has some serious hormonal issues. It goes through menopause every week, I swear it!) and met up with the BSOS group. I even got to see Ian, one of the guys from the after-no-pants-pantsless party, again, and he ended up being in the group I was in going to Downtown Crossing. Guess what we did? We played charades across the train tracks. We got some of the regular passengers playing as well, at one point this sort-of-crazy guy came along and started singing a Bon Jovi song and the entire place joined in. There were some fun people that joined in, some good guessers, and good things to be guessed. When you get "mile high club" on the first guess, you know it's a good day.

So that was my weekend. I'm currently over halfway done with the week from hell. We've got like, 4 double sessions this week in addition to regular classes, 30 pages for each regular session (do the math, that's a shitton of pages), and a summary judgment motion brief due. Even if we didn't get the 4-day weekend this week (oh yeah, we get Friday and Monday off, be jealous), we'd have earned it anyway.

16 days! Sweet!

No comments: