Friday, February 6, 2009

ah ah ah! You're pregnant or you're not!

So I've realized: The colder it gets out here, the more inventive my swearing gets. Yes, I realize it will never be as cold as -20, but nonetheless. Usually it's just the basic PG:13 stuff, but ugh, Thursday it was "f***nuggets" and "t**twaffle" and "spermburper." Plus I'm sure there were others the cold has erased from my memory.

Yeah. Sure. Why not.

Just when I thought you had reached a point of common understanding (yet again), sigh. I know there are points in a conversation when it might be appropriate to joke about still liking someone, but when it comes down to the guy actually professing his love for you still... seriously... it makes for some very awkward turtle pauses. He's one of my great friends, and I wouldn't trade him for the world, but come on man. We didn't even date. AAANND that was two years ago.

My favorite part of law school? The lunch conversations. Friday it was focused around the goth kids continually circling the food court. "So emo kids are just goths who like pink?" And shrinkage. Oh the shrinkage. A guy in very bright teal, very tight jeans had not thought his outfit through. "When it's cold, it shrinks up like a startled turtle!" ~Ed.

I usually don't brag, but lately I've been getting my hopes up again that I am not incompetent. How did I come to this conclusion? I've been doing Sudoku. At least one a night. And the fact that I can do one thing well makes it easier to sleep at night. That and the fact "Hey, at least I'm not pregnant." Ya know, because Daniel Tosh says that's the way to know better days are on the way.

However, the quote above? "ah ah ah! You're pregnant or you're not!" Came from our contracts professor when a girl wouldn't answer the question directly or completely. They really don't fuck around with making the point, that you're not making a point. With sometimes hilarious results.

21 days!!!!!!

No comments: