Thursday, February 19, 2009

Lenten sacrifice? Being sober for Con Law

How awesome of a feeling is it when a professor knows you are so prepared for a presentation that they don't even really ream you like other groups had been questioned? One of the best, I have to say. That's what happened on Thursday. My group had to present for contracts, and other groups had stumbled around and she had made it look painful for them, but we got up there, took charge and she rarely interrupted us, as she had many other groups.

Ugh, but we had to dress up for it. I HATE dressing up. Well, I shouldn't say that. I get all excited, because it's a rare occasion that I DO dress up, so I get excited to show off, but then I remember once I'm all strapped in that I hate being dressed up. I would nearly rather walk around in public in my underwear than be dressed up in a suit or similar contraption.

So the rest is pretty much random thoughts, don't expect much continuity. Not that you should anyway, ya know, it's me, you know who you're dealing with. Now, Proceed:

Oh yeah, I'm just that good. If you didn't know, I dyed my hair about a week ago, and since then about 5 people have told me they want my color. It's definitely an auburn, not a brilliant red, but it's still good, and I love it.

It's crazy how some people can see the same things you do, and not even know really what's going on. I mean yes, I've filled this friend in on things and yes, we have the same frustrations. But when she out of the blue says, "I dunno, it just looks like that face is just a mask," and I haven't even told her what I think about the person/subject, that to me means that I'm not imagining things. Yes, I was vague on purpose, but I just wanted to get that out there.

*cue complete non-sequitur transition*

But Friday was a good day. I haven't done Property reading in about a week and a half, but I wasn't called on, so whatevs. Lunch at this new place, Bolocco's, with Leanna and James. Delish actually. Then to the Tam to have a few pre-Constitutional Law drinks. I have to admit, it makes con law MUCH more enjoyable. Tipsy by 1:30 in the afternoon eh? It's a great way to live life. And Jame's mom sent him King's Cake for Mardi Gras, complete with beads, so tipsy, with cake. And beads. Yes, I got beads. I'm not telling how. :-P

But for a little bit more hard and fast talking:
It's all downhill from here tweeples! The contracts group rocked it out in the presentation, the paper is, well, we'll call it done, it's really a draft anyway, and I did SOOOOOO much better on the Civil Procedure quiz. I would have blown the curve if it ends up being like the last one. We shall see. But there's no stress from here til Spring Break, just studying and packing.
Believe me, I miss you.

It still seems so far away.

So a few more quotes to tide you over: still more legal-related
"The per curiam decision means it's not even worthy of an author. 'We figured this out in 15 minutes! Why did it take you so long, court of appeals, to get it wrong?'" ~Sorenson

"Yeah, I was the defendant. Yeah, I think I got off, I'm not sure though. I just ran out of the courtroom at the end!" ~Ed, walking down the street, talking on the phone. There were some odd looks, I'll admit.

"Why is there a cartoon living in my future apartment? Is it the medication again?" ~Taxiera DeSousa, welcome to the quote board

EEEEEE!!!
1 week

No comments: