Thursday, April 9, 2009

Just because I kiss the prettiest boys and I drive Monty too fast...

Why does everybody want to kick my ass?
Yes, yes I did in fact just ad lib to Big and Rich.

I cannot wait for the day when I can legitimately RT this post: It's Monday. A day where I probably won't leave my house.

I'm slightly confused. This entire week was supposed to be rain, rain, rain. But it's been pretty gorgeous most days. Except for Monday. It was raining hobos and tramps (it rains hobos and tramps in Massachusetts instead of cats and dogs, for those of you wondering). But I guess I get to go shopping today, I've got loads of time to kill before I have to walk the 300 feet down to the Wilbur Theatre to see my future husband (future ex-husband?) Demetri Martin perform.

I seem to be having the *best* luck lately. No, seriously, other than the stress of classes which is kinda making me shut down, everything seems to be going right.

Shall I start?

Well, I sent an email out... Tuesday, I think it was, to the Ames City, Story County and Boone County attorneys, trying to put feelers out to figure out if internships at any of those places would be feasible. Guess what? Later that day, get an email from the Ames guy, saying I'd probably be able to work there part time during the summer!! Now I still want the job with Iowa Concern, but they don't decide that until May, so I kind of need to figure out a way to stall. I'm good at procrastinating though, it shouldn't be a problem.

Then, my random trolling of the internet paid off Tuesday night, when I stayed logged on to Bo Burnhams live blog site. Apparently, while I was off folding laundry or doing some prelim packing, he showed up for about 15 seconds and gave all of us on there permanent operator status. For those of you who don't get it, blogtv only allows 150 people in the main room to chat directly with the blogger at a time. Now, thanks to perma-ops, I get automatic main room! It's really a cool celebrity run-in for me.

Then, Wednesday morning, I roll out of bed, get online, register for classes at New England (because I'm not guaranteed that I'll be able to transfer back), then climb back into bed. It was wonderful, easy, a little bit more awkward and slower than ISU (but what do you expect? I'd hope a leading technology school would have a perfected online registration system, so I've been completely and utterly spoiled both by the system and the fact that I always got to register early because I was head and shoulders above everyone else in my "class" in terms of credit numbers, so I was registering with the seniors in the spring of my sophomore year or something crazy like that), but I got all the classes I wanted. I figured most others did as well. hahahahahahha nope. Apparently lots of people got NONE of the classes they wanted, some didn't even get into the REQUIRED class.
Ok, let me emphasize. This is a class we are REQUIRED to take next fall, and the school didn't have enough seats open. Utterly ridiculous.
Oh, and my process took all of about 8 minutes. 8:08, back in bed. Some people's took upwards of an HOUR. I'd be super pissed.

But, I'm counting my lucky ducks only after they hatch. But this week has been pretty great. Easy, tiring, but easy. I've been taking it easy on purpose too, because the bum rush of finals shall be upon me soon enough. So I've got Demetri Martin Thursday and Bo Burnham on Saturday, which I actually have a date for. legit. But I'm leaving. He knows. Whatevs. Not making that mistake again.

I wanna go hooommmmeeeee. Home to Ames. 40 days til Ames. Or some ridiculously small number like that.

No comments: