Saturday, April 11, 2009

Give me summer, I demand it. NOW!!!!

Huh.

Huh.

I don't know exactly how to start this one. It's kind of like having a crisis of self, but not caring enough to really dig deep and figure it out because it's not that bad, but also knowing that something hit a chord that didn't feel right. I don't know how to explain it, but I'll try to put thoughts down.

Oh, and there'll be a rant at the end. yeah.

So Friday we went to the Tam again for drinks. The weird guy that was there before spring break was there again, just as weird. I had a couple vodka:vodka:cranberries (I had vodka in there twice because the bartender makes them really strong. But after the first one you don't taste the vodka anymore. Lucky me.) and was fine, thanks for asking. Went to Con Law, I think. Yeah. Pretty sure.
But after class I was typing up my notes from the last 3 weeks, and L came in to check in for a break. But as she was leaving she said, "We are shadows of our former selves. We should be drunk right now." And of course I laughed and agreed.
But I got to thinking. Yes, I do like to have the alcohol, and every once in a while I do go overboard, but in general, I feel like I'm reverting to my old self, my introverted, freshman self. Maybe it's good, because that means I don't have the crappy feeling the morning after so it doesn't interrupt my studying, if studying is what I'm doing. But at the same time, I feel like I've come so much further than that. I like who I was last summer, and I want to maintain that. Maybe I just need to get back to Ames.

And that's only like 40 days away! Woohoo!!! Which means finals and such are much closer than I would like to think.
But I'm gearing up. I took a lot of this week off, but I did get some criminal law outlining done. But I took Thursday afternoon off, went shopping and down to Long Wharf. Sigh. The last time I was there, things were much different, both with people and the way I was feeling about Boston. Things change, it just takes time to realize how much they do change.
Then I went to Demetri Martin that night. He is ***gorgeous***. I would have his babies in a second. His hair (yes, I'm a hair girl) is perfect for me, and he's hilarious and can play the piano and guitar... me perfect man. He went to law school too... like me! I'm off to Bo Burnham tonight, looking forward to it, but I'm putting off leaving because it's raining hobos and tramps again.

***

So for the rant. This one pisses me off so much I've even decided to include a diagram. This is a section of the subway to and from school, between a set of doors. It goes: 2 seats, pole, 3 seats, pole, 3 seats, pole, 2 seats. So it would seem like second nature to pick the seats next to the pole to allow a second person to easily sit in the same section, thus allowing more people to ride seated during non-peak hours without majorly intruding into their personal space. Not the case. Some douchebags choose to ride like the guy on the left, as such:



The proper way to situate yourself is like the two loverly people on the right.

I find myself doing a poll in my head, and upwards of 95% of people who do this are either younger/middle-aged guys or foreign. And the guys ALWAYS, ALWAYS splay their legs so wide so it would be impossible to sit next to them without asking them to move their legs. Yes, I know you think you're the man, but what you're doing makes you look like an asshole, and I bet that's why you never get passed second base, I can only assume you have to spread them that wide because you have some horrible STD that requires you to allow your tiny dick and balls access to air at all times, I hope it's syphilis, and I'm sure your mother never loved you as a child. Or now. There is a special circle of hell reserved for people like you.

2 comments:

Kelly L said...

Holy hell, Christina. I about died when I got to your last paragraph. The last few sentences, really. I love you.

Also, you illustration is quite lovely. Even before I got that far, I'm like, dude, she really drew a douchebag, look at how splayed out he his. And lo! That was the point.

Plus, the mere fact that there WAS an illustration.

Whooo ok I need a minute to recover. Golden.

Kelly L said...

*YOUR. YOUR illustration. Fucking typos fuck fuck fuck.