Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Start the final countdown in 3.2.1

"Law school is supposed to be so measured, so calculated. In torts battery equals A plus B plus C, assault equals 1 plus 2 plus 3 plus 4 plus 5. And here I am liberating you and saying, 'Imagine one situation out there where a guy marries a 14-year-old.' "

Got your attention? Good, I thought so.

I've decided to limit myself to publishing these every other day. As much as I want to fill you in on my daily life, I really shouldn't.

I'm still such little kid. L convinced me to go get ice-cream yesterday, and what did I get? Dark chocolate mint... with gummy bears. Similar combination to what I got the night of that awkward dressy night this summer. But still so good.

Oh thank goodness! I spilled half a glass of water on my computer Wednesday morning, just as I was ready to head out the door! After immediately dumping all the water I could off and blowing the rest off, I did end up taking it to school ( I still need it, all my notes and outlines are on it!). Luckily, it worked. I think he has a layer of plastic between the keyboard and the actual computer, but omg, I would have DIED if it crashed.

In talking to a friend going to law school out in California, I realized something I maybe hadn't before. I'm not sure that law school hasn't changed me. I'm sure it has. Not for the worse, hopefully, ie: I know where I *want* to go now, not just where I think I *should* go because it would make me look impressive. But I think the major difference is that no matter how unhappy being away from my friends makes me, I'm able to put all that aside and when I don't have to focus on law school, I, well, don't. I don't let it get in the way of keeping in touch, in the way of having fun. That's a big difference between me and the crazy law people. Maybe I should be more worried, and it does concern me that I'm not, but ya know, I'm just doing me.

So either my hair is changing with the seasons and long ago dye job, or my aunt and cousin just weren't paying attention to me when they saw me in June (which is entirely plausible, that side of the family we don't really talk about much. And they're the more normal of the bunch. The most normal is the other aunt and her new third husband, they're really nice, Bob's a good guy. On the other hand, on the immediate familial linkage is the 2nd cousin who is a month **younger** than I am and has like a six year old herself. Meaning she had the kid when we were **17**!! No way man. I'm still a kid at heart myself, I can't imagine having one. haha, that reminds me of the talk Leana and I had about our "hypothetical, non-existant kids that we don't want" being able to make us martinis by the time they're five. We've got aways to go.) Wow, that wasn't a *complete* side tangent at *all.* But when I walked in to see them the night I got back to Iowa they freaked out about my hair, asking if it was new, they liked it, all that. I though they were talking about the fact that I had made it kinky and messy for the flight, so it looked like it was supposed to be messy, instead of just being so. No, they were talking about the color. The color I did WAY back in September. I like it too, but good grief. Whatevs.

And I'm remembering what I Lurve about winter, and no, it's not just the cold. Well, it might have something to do with that. But whatever it is, Winter looks good on me. The sun, the snow, the cold, all combine with the rosy cheeks and wind-swept hair and the peacoat... <3>

"It should be pretty easy to figure out what's on the multiple choice. It's everything we went over in the 'O to A if it rains on a Tuesday..."

"I am the only guy over here. I am all alone. " ~Ed
"You like it." ~3 of the 5 girls talking around him.
"I liked it until we got to the vajayjay stretching nuva-ring." teehee! awesome conversation.

"Mary Had A Little Storm/Its Sleet Was White As Snow/And Everywhere That Mary Went/All Of The Schools Were Closed"

"I'd call you if I could find my shirt..."

"Do-do-do you wanna spend the night and wake up-up-up under the morning light 'cause I know-ow-ow I'm in lo-o-ove with you."

It's really random when the feelings of insignificance/worry/nauseous come on. I was walking back from school the other day and I even forget what I was thinking of... We'll see if that comes to me in the course of this. I think it was probably anxiousness for Iowa, not feeling like I'm stressed enough (really, is that an actual worry!?), now that I think about it. It's only a month till I'm flying back!

Man, I am soooo ready to be back home. Finally, I'll have new license, a new haircut, a new lease on life for 17 days, nothing to worry about, because all the worry will be behind me! I can be drunk as much as I want!! Count down the days with me, 29!

No comments: