Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My guitar is on fire.... not really

This post is going to be fairly short, and fairly trivial. More about going ons than rants or anything. I'm quite boring as of late.

I just got a guitar. And JUST got. This is late Wednesday afternoon. I got it at about 1:30 this afternoon. I've practiced and napped. That's all I've done. It's a solid mahogany-top acoustic Alvarez folk guitar, and it is gorgeous. It's not your typical guitar color, it's much richer, darker color, and it's pretty. It sounds gorgeous too. When I heard mahogany makes guitars mellower, I wasn't sure about that, but it sounds amazing, to me at least. I don't have any pictures of it yet, but I will soon. I even just about have a name for it. I thought it fits, and I think it still does, but I'll take suggestions.

So ah, this whole work out thing. I like it. It's not like I don't have proper motivation, it feels good, even though it does hurt. Some mornings my body hates me. Like *really* hates me. Well, it's more of throughout the day it hates me. Like Monday. After not working out really all weekend, except for golf on Sunday, I woke up late (10:30, when I was intending to already *be* in the workout room) and so I pushed it to get there asap. So the whole day I was tired and sore. It was like "You stupid whore! You get me up and push me for an hour right out of bed? When your *aunt* is visiting?! Then you expect me to *like* it? You stupid whore!!"

And in other, even more recent news, the oven in our apartment set on fire during a self-cleaning cycle. Luckily we were all in the apartment at the time, and got the fire extinguisher out and everything.

Also, a few other things have made me very happy in the last couple of days, and you can ask me about them if you want, and I'll tell you, but vague-girl returns!

No comments: