Friday, June 19, 2009

Another day, another pint night

I feel as though I should update this, but I'm unsure as to what to go off on. No real rants. I'm pretty content with how things are going right now, I suppose.

Hmmm... We went and got fireworks. Road-trippin' it. It was a lot of fun, actually. Just me and a few guys. That day ended up being next to perfect. After getting home, we went swimming out at the Pits, shot off a few fireworks, had hotdogs and s'mores over a fire, so so perfect. I wish I could keep days like that in my pocket and hit "replay" when I have a sucky day. Like last night.

(K, if we have not hung out when you go to read this, stop, because I really want to have storytime with you)

Before I begin, I should say that I have been sick the past couple of days. So I've been loading up and doubling up on cold medicine. Which I knew would probably affect my ability to keep up my normal level of drinking, even after not drinking for a few days. Little did I know. Little did I know.

Went to Olde Main with A, T, T's friend, M and J. After one drink, I was pleasantly tipsy. After two drinks, I was a bit drunk and should have stopped there. After 3 drinks I was drunk, after 4 drinks, I was blitzed beyond belief. I remember nearly everything, bits of it are coming back a little bit hazily, but for the most part it's there. But I was horrid! I was doing things I never would have imagined I would do, even drunk. I know I get in a "let's tease people and freak them out and pretend to stop breathing and hide" mood when I'm drunk but what the fuck I was an annoying sonofabitch!! And I was talking and sharing and Hell, he nearly got the *fuckface* story. Very few people know that story, it's not a pretty one. It needs to be told at some point, (along with the fun stories of my ex's and psuedo-ex's(Oh, that's the fun one!)) but a controlled, non-drunk environment for goodness sake! And now I may have screwed things up there, because God knows things went to hell and back once. Meh, at least I didn't take my top off. But I did have an interesting run-in with an officer as I was crossing the street to my apartment...

But after nursing my slight hangover, I finally got back on the horse (and by horse, I refer to the elliptical and weights) and did my full workout again, after doing a half-assed one Monday because I could feel the cold coming on, and skipping Tuesday and Wednesday because I was sick. So that felt good. And swimming tonight, and I finally have food again because I got back to Fareway...

And, and. Guitar. I hate to brag, but I'm getting good. Now I have a lot of time to practice, I don't have work a lot, but still. Taylor Swift and Plain White T's are my staples for now, but I have a lot of the chords down. Now I just need to convince my friends who *really* play guitar to take me under their wing and teach me a few tricks.

OH. And yeah. Twitter. Yes, I'm on Twitter. I got it to stay in touch with a friend when I moved to Boston and my following is still not very large. But massive confusion ensued recently. I started talking to this friend who is still in Ames for the summer at least. Then this guy whose avatar looks a lot like said friend started following me. I thought it was said friend. So I start going back and forth with the @ replies to him and direct messages. Then, yesterday, thinking I was talking to said friend, started talking him into dollar pint night at Olde Main. Apparently, this was not said friend. I don't know who it is. But we're still going back and forth after I apologized and said I thought he was someone else. It seems he saw me at pint night but I was pre-occupied (what with the being blitzed off my ass and having my bra flicked) so he didn't come over, but he would still want to actually meet me. I am conflicted. Another time, another pint night, I suppose.

But I'm getting antsy. I know why, and it's not a good why. But it's the why every girl gets in the summer. But we'll see.

No comments: